- 1Emit wind from the anus.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The proletarians were said to have bodies that were not sublimated, which farted and belched and emitted all sorts of cacophonous noises.
- Basically, they spend their days farting, chewing grass and staring at passing cars with expressions of vague bewilderment.
- Start to watch one of those programmes where non-celebrities, normal people, fall over, get wet or film their children farting in the bath.
- 2 (fart around (or British also fart about)) Waste time on silly or trivial things.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- How am I supposed to waste time farting around when people keep killing each other.
- My publishers are farting around at the moment but they will bring it out in a kind of lavishly tooled arty-farty volume.
- Whilst we, their former colonial oppressors, are still farting around with bits of paper, pencils and tin boxes - they've just got on with it and held their first totally electronic national election.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- 1An emission of wind from the anus.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We know also that farts are warm (not hot), so I'll add that: a fart is warm wind emitted from the anus.
- Nature decided to put an abrupt end to our finger-pointing conspiracy theorists' dialogue, when a deafening fart emptied from the anus of someone soundly asleep downstairs.
- If I can remember what I learned in junior high school regarding tornadoes, they're some kind of thing which is made up of wind, like a fart but only much more powerful.
- 2A boring or contemptible person: he was such an old fartMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I'm a boring old fart, who values her money, and won't buy him a brand new shirt to chop holes in so he can look like a pirate.
- I'm being a boring old fart so I'm in my room getting ready to go to bed.
- On television, there was some boring old fart in a suit talking about the dangers of credit growth.
Old English (recorded in the verbal noun feorting 'farting') of Germanic origin; related to German farzen, furzen.
Más definiciones de fartDefinición de fart en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.