Definición de farthing en inglés:
1A former monetary unit and coin of the UK, withdrawn in 1961, equal to a quarter of an old penny.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- During that period, he said, there was a national shortage of small-denomination half penny and farthing coins - so many local towns and even tradesmen took to minting their own tokens.
- There were farthings, pennies, oxfords, crowns, florins, shillings, guineas, and pounds, among other divisions.
- Well what do I get for my six pence and three farthings?
1.1 [usually with negative] The least possible amount: she didn’t care a farthing for the woman
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Anybody who slogs through the first five pages of it knows perfectly well the book cares not a farthing for ideas; it's entertainment.
- They don't care a farthing about other peoples' feelings.
- But they did not care a farthing about defeat, to which they became accustomed.
Old English fēorthing, from fēortha 'fourth', perhaps on the pattern of Old Norse fjórthungr 'quarter'.
Palabras que riman con farthingsomething • rebirthing
Definición de farthing en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda