- Showing abnormal fusion of parts or organs, resulting in a flattened ribbon-like structure.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One out of three putative double mutants that were transferred to soil developed a fasciated stem and a structure similar to an aerial rosette (data not shown).
- The fasciated stem extended in one plane, and the phyllotaxy of floral primordia was irregular.
- They take cutting material from it and produce completely fasciated plants, such as the Stags Horn Ash and the conifer Cryptomeria japonica fasciata.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These unstable phenotypes that varied between siblings included widely variable flower morphology, stem fasciation, variation in rosette leaves, and anthocyanin variegation of the stem.
- The only reference I could find to the phenomenon in a modern textbook was in a handbook of ill health in trees, where fasciation is described as ‘a usually transitory curiosity’.
- Its unusual twisted stems are broad and flattened at their ends, a genetic condition botanists know as fasciation.
mid 18th century (in the sense 'banded'): from Latin fasciatus (past participle of fasciare 'swathe', from fascia 'band') + -ed1.
Más definiciones de fasciatedDefinición de fasciated en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.