Definición de fasciated en inglés:
Showing abnormal fusion of parts or organs, resulting in a flattened ribbon-like structure.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- One out of three putative double mutants that were transferred to soil developed a fasciated stem and a structure similar to an aerial rosette (data not shown).
- The fasciated stem extended in one plane, and the phyllotaxy of floral primordia was irregular.
- They take cutting material from it and produce completely fasciated plants, such as the Stags Horn Ash and the conifer Cryptomeria japonica fasciata.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- These unstable phenotypes that varied between siblings included widely variable flower morphology, stem fasciation, variation in rosette leaves, and anthocyanin variegation of the stem.
- The only reference I could find to the phenomenon in a modern textbook was in a handbook of ill health in trees, where fasciation is described as ‘a usually transitory curiosity’.
- Its unusual twisted stems are broad and flattened at their ends, a genetic condition botanists know as fasciation.
Definición de fasciated en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda