- Each of a number of small white structures in the body of an animal, especially an insect, which act as a store of fats and glycogen.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This may result from the dynamic equilibrium maintained between trehalase and glycogen in the insect fat body.
- Insects, in general, have the metabolic capacity to convert dietary carbohydrates to lipids and to store lipids within the fat body.
- Butterflies store fat in extensive abdominal fat bodies similarly to odonates and are known to use lipids as a fuel for extended flight.
Más definiciones de fat bodyDefinición de fat body en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.