- Used to refer to clumsy or inaccurate typing, typically resulting from one finger striking two keys at the same time: the programming problem turned out to be a case of fat finger [as modifier]: his texts are full of fat-finger mistakesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Due to a fat-finger error on my part, the comments for several posts back were deleted a few minutes ago.
- The company has sued rivals for allegedly stealing calls from toll-free operators through what is called a "fat-finger dialing" scheme.
- The TSE said the so-called "fat finger" mistake had had little impact on the market.
verbo(fat-finger) [with object] Volver al principio
- Type (something) inaccurately: you may have fat-fingered your passwordMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Ship spectrum data are periodically printed from AESOP and a Sailor must manually key, or "fat-finger," data into the Naval Text Message System.
- It was way too easy to fat-finger some code and not get a compile time error and not get a runtime error either until say a week or two after product goes out.
- Taylor says it was common for mechanics to "fat finger" a part number or shop order, which resulted in poor systems performance.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The official explanation was that it was a fat-fingered trade, caused by someone inputting the wrong data on stock orders.
- Initially, strategists speculated that a fat-fingered trader could be to blame for the early tumble, saying it appeared to have been a blip caused by a mistaken trade, possibly by someone typing in the wrong price.
- Even small, fat-fingered typing mistakes cause regret.
Más definiciones de fat fingerDefinición de fat finger en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.