Definición de fat hen en inglés:
A herbaceous plant with mealy edible leaves, often considered to be a weed.
- Chenopodium alba, family Chenopodiaceae
- But the beauty of most edible plants - nettles, dandelions, alexanders, fat hen, sorrel - is that they are so prolific they are considered a nuisance.
- Plants we now consider to be weeds, such as nettles, dock, fat hen and meadowsweet, regularly appeared on the Iron Age menu.
- They also collected seagull eggs, fresh water lobster, whitebait, pipi, mussels, fat hen and watercress.
late 18th century: said to be so named because the seeds were eaten by poultry.
Definición de fat hen en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan