A herbaceous plant with mealy edible leaves, often considered to be a weed.
- Chenopodium alba, family Chenopodiaceae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But the beauty of most edible plants - nettles, dandelions, alexanders, fat hen, sorrel - is that they are so prolific they are considered a nuisance.
- Plants we now consider to be weeds, such as nettles, dock, fat hen and meadowsweet, regularly appeared on the Iron Age menu.
- They also collected seagull eggs, fresh water lobster, whitebait, pipi, mussels, fat hen and watercress.
late 18th century: said to be so named because the seeds were eaten by poultry.
Definición de fat hen en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.