adjetivo (fattier, fattiest)
- 1Containing a large amount of fat: go easy on fatty foods fatty tissueMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Reducing the amount of fatty foods eaten prior to pregnancy is also a good bet, as that lessens exposure to persistent chemicals like PCBs and dioxin.
- She spends most of her time reading self-help books, eating vast amounts of fatty food and struggling against insomnia.
- They believe fatty tissue produces hormones and products such as oestrogen and insulin which may promote tumour growth.
- 1.1 Medicine (Of a disease or lesion) marked by abnormal deposition of fat in cells: fatty degeneration of the liverMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Liver transplantation has been necessary in patients with end-stage cirrhosis, but fatty liver disease may recur in the transplanted organ in some patients.
- With the increasing incidence of obesity and diabetes in Western countries, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease has become a growing problem.
- A common heart condition is coronary heart disease, in which fatty deposits gradually block the coronary arteries.
sustantivo (plural fatties)• informal Volver al principio
- A fat person (often as a nickname): many former fatties have found a pattern of eating that keeps them slimMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Watch for the mean spirited and endless gags about fatties, boyish girls, overweight Hawaiians etc, etc.
- But the truth is that, despite 20 years' experience telling me that January in the gym is for part-timers who'll all be gone by February, I'm in there with the fatties.
- It's only a matter of time before societal ills, unhappy marriages, unsightly fatties and the concerns about those concerns, are a thing of the past.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The spice and tang cut through the fruit's fattiness.
- Despite the supposed fattiness of duck, we don't need too much bitterness and cutting power here; we need something more subtle, almost sneaky.
- You should get the best of both worlds: nice acidity to tone down the fattiness of the avocado, plus the amplification of the flavor that you get from the salt.