1A line on a rock surface or the ground that traces a geological fault.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The world's only accurate detection system today is spread along the three major underwater fault lines in the Northeastern Pacific Ocean.
- The India plate dove under the Burma plate some 50 feet, causing a fault line 750 miles long.
- Each year, thousands of tremors of various degrees of intensity are recorded on that fault line.
1.1A divisive issue or difference of opinion that is likely to have serious consequences: religion is now the great fault line of American politics
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Nevertheless, the provisional results reveal deep divisions across ethnic fault lines.
- Our ongoing cultural encounter with the gray is, at the very least, emblematic of fault lines in the contemporary culture.
- To consolidate democracy, he said, " we need a nation which has been able to overcome its historic fault-lines ".
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: fault line
Definición de fault line en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda