Definición de fault line en inglés:
1A line on a rock surface or the ground that traces a geological fault.
- The world's only accurate detection system today is spread along the three major underwater fault lines in the Northeastern Pacific Ocean.
- The India plate dove under the Burma plate some 50 feet, causing a fault line 750 miles long.
- Each year, thousands of tremors of various degrees of intensity are recorded on that fault line.
1.1A divisive issue or difference of opinion that is likely to have serious consequences: religion is now the great fault line of American politics
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Nevertheless, the provisional results reveal deep divisions across ethnic fault lines.
- Our ongoing cultural encounter with the gray is, at the very least, emblematic of fault lines in the contemporary culture.
- To consolidate democracy, he said, " we need a nation which has been able to overcome its historic fault-lines ".
Definición de fault line en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan