- 1An exact copy of a document made by electronic scanning and transmitted as data by telecommunications links: we got a three-page fax from her assistantMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We will be able to deal with e-mail contact, electronic faxes and text messages from a mobile phone.
- If the reporter needs to rewrite or edit the release, it is much easier to edit an electronic message than to retype a fax or a hard copy of the release.
- The U.S. Embassy officials presented the copy of the fax at Friday's hearing.
- 1.1 [mass noun] The production or transmission of faxes: he received the report by faxMás ejemplos en oraciones
- She consults by fax on production details and quality problems (the display includes color photocopies of works in progress).
- This time, however, it comes bouncing down the satellite phone, and by fax and email.
- In the old days it was all done on paper: Scouts would send in reports from games in the field by mail or fax, and the reports would be filed into thick binders.
- 1.2 (also fax machine) A machine for transmitting and receiving faxes: the equipment consists of four word processors, a fax, and a photocopierMás ejemplos en oraciones
- All of a sudden, the fax machine beeped and the document printed out.
- Till now, you had to own a special machine - a fax machine, which was only made to send and receive faxes.
- There needs to evidence of local demand and the supplier must have a fax machine to receive orders.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- 1Send (a document) by fax: please fax the agreement to meMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Almost overnight the demand for our services plummeted as customers began faxing their documents rather than sending them by courier.
- The fax transmission details indicate that the document was faxed at 4.34 pm on 12 October.
- It is for this reason that I did not fax this document or direct that it be faxed.
- 1.1Contact (someone) by fax: to obtain a brochure fax the agentMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Further details may be obtained by phoning or faxing him.
- This can be a big problem especially when some less than honest fax marketing companies have been known to fake phone logs to pretend they had permission to fax people.
- People should write to their MP rather than fax him.
1940s: abbreviation of facsimile.