- 1The plumage of a bird or part of a bird.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The breast and belly are solid white, contrasting sharply with the rufous feathering on the legs.
- The many juvenile harriers working the mound wore their orange winter plumage, a stark contrast to the hawk's black, white, and brown feathering.
- The juvenile looks similar but lacks the white facial feathering and black markings on the belly.
- 1.2Fringes of hairs on the appendages or body of a dog.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The springer's ears, chest, legs and belly are nicely furnished with a moderate fringe of feathering which is often trimmed geometrically to give the dog an elegant look.
- 1.3Feather-like markings or structure: traditional finishes such as marbling and featheringMás ejemplos en oraciones
- To keep these elements of the image alive, Newman made himself into a virtuoso of sorts, alternating deliberate feathering and scumbling with less easily controlled effects of bleeding and soaking.
- ‘Philadelphia,’from the Amaryllis family, has white with salmon-red feathering, and huge double flowers.
- Snyder became renowned for his delicate layered brushstrokes painstakingly applied to produce highly detailed feathering.
- 1.4 Architecture Cusping in tracery.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘Rib edge feathering is a good early indicator of misalignment,’ Waibel says.
- For precision in the tool handling, feathering is a favorite technique with these graders.
- 2The action of varying the angle of propellers, rotor blades, or oars so as to reduce air or water resistance.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The sound he had heard was the feathering of the starboard prop.
- The pilot looked toward the left engine to confirm the feathering.
- Consequently, feathering will not be able to produce the asymmetry necessary for the rowing appendage to generate net thrust.
Más definiciones de featheringDefinición de feathering en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.