- The federal principle or system of government: idealists who were committed to European federalismMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We begin with an ideal type of a federal system called market-preserving federalism - a federation that satisfies all four conditions.
- The founders crafted throughout the Constitution a system of federalism, whereby state governments were intended to check the powers of the national government.
- To be sure, as the history of the European Union shows, there can be federalism without a federation.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It was a specifically European movement, and whereas Mitrany aimed explicitly to depoliticize the process of the transfer of power away from national governments, federalists sought a clear transfer of political authority.
- A Franco-German proposal to replace him with the Belgian Prime Minister and an avowed federalist, was vetoed by the UK.
- Two of the most influential federalists, committed to the development of a European polity that would deal effectively with the common interests of the member states and their citizens, have been Jean Monnet and Jacques Delors.
Más definiciones de federalismDefinición de federalism en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.