- Up on a ridge to the right of us, someone has been felling an oak tree all day.
- He said about two-acres of mature, ash, sycamore copper beech and oak trees were felled.
- Is it true that as many as 150 Douglas Fir trees were felled?
- In a village near Varna, the wind felled an unfinished wall, which reduced an old house to debris as it fell, said the Civil Defence.
- The wind then felled it to the ground and it landed on top of a cabin, which contained valuable equipment, and a surrounding fence.
- Thousands of residents, predominantly those already living in poverty, are now homeless after their communities were felled by the winds.
- A rubber mallet is surprisingly useful in flattening seams or hems on thick fabric or leather and especially on heavy flat-fell seams.
- Continue around the pockets, trimming away the thicker layers and flat-fell seams.
- Sew your seams the usual way, finish the raw edges with the serger or zigzag, press to one side, switch to top-stitching thread in the needle, and top-stitch the seams on the outside to resemble flat-felled seams.
sustantivoVolver al principio
Old English fellan, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch vellen and German fällen, also to fall.
- On the tops the wind blew hard but the air was clear and the views stretched far over the fells and deep into the valleys.
- Her work is influenced by the landscape, particularly the northern fells and colourful panoramas of foreign climes.
- This flora of the fells is found in upland pastures, on barren and dry soil, in heathland and on ledges.
Middle English: from Old Norse fjall, fell 'hill'; probably related to German Fels 'rock'.
- Sometimes, the wind also brought unnervingly fell sounds with it, as if a chorus of unholy demons was singing in the distance.
Middle English: from Old French fel, nominative of felon 'wicked (person)' (see felon1).
in (or at) one fell swoop
- All in one go: in one fell swoop they exceeded the total number of tries scored last year[from Shakespeare's Macbeth ( iv. iii. 219)]Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Freedom and privacy rarely, if ever, disappear in one fell swoop.
- And in one fell swoop, all the things I had to remember her by were gone.
- In one fell swoop fuel has been added to the fire of community disillusion with its political appointees.