Definición de femur en inglés:
sustantivo (plural femurs or femora /ˈfɛm(ə)rə/)
1 Anatomy The bone of the thigh or upper hindlimb, articulating at the hip and the knee.
- Bruising of the articular cartilage of the femur (thigh bone) is also seen on the MRI scans of these patients.
- In long bones, such as the femur (thigh bone) a more complex, spiral fracture is more common.
- Now he has been left hobbling on crutches after muggers fractured the top of his femur (thigh bone) while trying to rip off his running shoes.
2 Zoology The third segment of the leg in insects and some other arthropods, typically the longest and thickest segment.
- Relative to the foundress, soldiers have an enlarged prothorax and fore femora, reduced wings and antennae, and a pale exoskeleton.
- Severe injuries, involving the loss of tibiae, femora, and entire legs were rare but did occur in four exclusive and six nonexclusive pairs.
- Upon thawing, the head and left metathoracic femur of each moth were removed and dried.
late 15th century: from Latin femur, femor- 'thigh'.
- Example sentences
- The shark attacked more than once and severed the femoral artery which caused McInnis to bleed to death.
- Part of the intestine bulges where the femoral vein and artery pass from the top front of the thigh.
- The man had obviously sustained an injury to his femoral artery, the vessel that supplies blood to the lower limb.
Definición de femur en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan