1A low and marshy or frequently flooded area of land: a native species of fens and damp meadows [mass noun]: 55 acres of fen
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Sand dunes, including the machair on the Hebrides, some types of lowland lochs, fens, meadows, hedgerows and blanket bogs are all mentioned as habitats needing further protection.
- The bogs, fens, and estuarine marshes in the Lower Fraser Valley and Fraser Delta of British Columbia support large vegetable growing operations.
- The birds occupy a range of wetland habitats: lakes, rivers, reedbeds, sedge fens, marsh dykes, ponds, flooded gravel pits and meres.
1.2 [mass noun] Ecology Wetland with alkaline, neutral, or only slightly acid peaty soil. Compare with bog.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Site-specific features of the hydroperiod and geochemistry of the waters influencing the site will determine the specific type of peatland that will develop from the mineral wetland, be it swamp, fen or bog.
- The wetland is a large sedge- and sphagnum-dominated lakeside fen and cattail marsh that supports one of the most diverse wetland bird communities in the state.
- It is the smallest patterned fen recorded in Maine; the next largest is 11 hectares.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Variously known an 'intermittent fever' or 'ague,' malaria had been endemic in the marshy, fenny lowlands of Europe and Africa for millennia.
- Anyhow, you are left with something like the alliterative ‘fillet of a fenny snake’ becoming the rather leaden ‘fillet of a marshland snake’.
Palabras que riman con fenAdrienne, again, amen, Ardennes, Behn, Ben, Benn, Bren, cayenne, Cévennes, Dairen, den, en, gen, glen, Glenn, Guyenne, Gwen, hen, julienne, Karen, ken, Len, Loren, men, Nene, Ogaden, paren, pen, Penn, Phnom Penh, Rennes, Shenzhen, Sun Yat-sen, ten, then, Tlemcen, when, wren, yen, zazen, Zen
sustantivo (plural igual)
A monetary unit of China, equal to one hundredth of a yuan.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Of some 10 million containers, 70 per cent were purchased at the rate of two fen each.
- So he uses short messages to communicate with others because it costs only 10 fen a time.
- Meanwhile, the company, China's biggest ethylene producer, saw its net profit leap more than fivefold to 1.03 billion yuan, or 31 fen per share, in the first half on rising sales.
From Chinese fēn 'a hundredth part'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán