sustantivo[mass noun] (also fenlands)
- 1Land consisting of fens: thousands of acres of fenlandMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The fenlands of eastern England were originally marshland, but have been turned into rich farmland by efficient drainage.
- With the rise of the kingdom of Mercia further notable foundations were made in the midlands, especially in the Severn valley, while others emerged in the fenlands, such as Peterborough.
- Looking ahead, we can more than compete with, say, the fenlands of Lincolnshire but we will have to be innovative and use our strengths in mechanisation and the fact that we can work the land here all year round.
Más definiciones de fenlandDefinición de fenland en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.