- 1(Chiefly of metals) containing or consisting of iron.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Except for aluminium and ferrous metal such as steel, the prices for most recyclable materials rests at the bottom of their historical ranges.
- Good markets for ferrous metals, as well as copper and brass, have existed for years.
- Anglo American is also involved in mining gold, diamonds, coal and ferrous metal but platinum accounts for 12% of its total revenues and 20% of its income.
- 2 Chemistry Of iron with a valency of two; of iron(II). Compare with ferric.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The ability of wetland plants to flourish in environments with high Fe concentrations has been attributed to the oxidation of soluble ferrous iron to insoluble ferric iron in the rhizosphere.
- Within the body iron exist in two oxidation states: ferrous or ferric.
- The color due to ferric iron is yellow, not green, and ferric iron is not driven off but rather is reduced in oxidation state to ferrous iron.
mid 19th century: from Latin ferrum 'iron' + -ous.
Más definiciones de ferrousDefinición de ferrous en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.