Relating to or characteristic of a celebration or festival: plum pudding was originally served on festal days as a main course
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the congregation assembled for worship, these two movements meet, and the heavenly angels join the children of God in festal celebration.
- And the whole celebration will be rounded off at 6pm with a festal Eucharist in the parish church.
- There is no more melancholy spectacle than a festal hall, the morning after the banquet, when the guests have departed and the lights are extinguished.
late 15th century: via Old French from late Latin festalis, from Latin festum, (plural) festa 'feast'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But what good was it to our festally excited ancestors to. have their attention absorbed?
- The chapel bell on the engine sounded most festally that sunny Sunday.
Definición de festal en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.