sustantivo (plural festivities)[mass noun]
- 1The celebration of something in a joyful and exuberant way: a time of great rejoicing and festivityMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The annual Killybegs Festival was an extravaganza of display and festivity to celebrate the Silver Jubilee of the Killybegs Fishermen's Organisation.
- Even though the appearance put in by the celebrity was all too brief (her name did not figure in the invitation card), the dose of glamour proved to be just the kind of kick start desired by the organisers, in this season of festivity.
- In an age when every moment of festivity is celebrated only by being swallowed by the endless advertising of Multi-National Corporations, it's easy to forget what life truly is about.
- 1.1 (festivities) Activities or events celebrating a special occasion: the traditional Christmas and New Year festivitiesMás ejemplos en oraciones
celebration, festival, festive event, festive occasion, entertainment, party, jamboree; merrymaking, feasting, revelry, carousal, carousing, jollification; revels, fun and games, frolics, celebrations, festive proceedings
- Throughout the year, events and festivities will celebrate the way the sea touches our lives.
- Plans are being developed for the inaugural festivities to celebrate the history and spirit of Keighley.
- It was a most enjoyable social occasion and the festivities went on throughout the weekend.
late Middle English: from Old French festivite or Latin festivitas, from festivus 'festive', from festum, (plural) festa 'feast'.