Definición de festoon en inglés:
1A chain or garland of flowers, leaves, or ribbons, hung in a curve as a decoration.
- Houses are decorated with colourful festoons, stars and cut-outs depicting the Lord Jesus' life and, of course, the quintessential Christmas tree.
- Non-biodegradable plastic festoons would decorate the medians and would pose an adventurous journey for road users.
- On this, the Swarovski crystal and pearls are strung like a festoon of flowers, with hanging clusters terminating in big pieces of aqua quartz.
1.1A carved or moulded ornament representing a festoon.
- The mold-blown scallop shell vase in Plate XIII is decorated with festoons reminiscent of Phoenician glass.
- At the centre of the front of Croker's enormous sideboard is a carved vase full of flowers flanked by great seaweedy festoons of fruit, flowers and foliage.
- The painted body of the stately Beekman coach is adorned with the family's coat of arms, crest, and applied floral festoons.
2A Eurasian butterfly or moth patterned with dark arcs on a lighter background:
- ● A large yellowish butterfly with black and red markings (Zerynthia and other genera, family Papilionidae). ● A small brown moth (Apoda avellana, family Limacodidae).
- These festoons were one of the more common and accommodating species in the area, enabling me to get lots of nice shots.
- The Spanish festoon is a wonderfully exotic butterfly close-up, though in flight its colours blur into a buttery mixture of all the shades on its wings and it looks much less brilliant.
verbo[with object] (often be festooned with) Volver al principio
Adorn (a place) with chains, garlands, or other decorations: the staffroom was festooned with balloons and streamers
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Today, the roundabouts are festooned with decorations and blue and yellow lights.
- The hall was lined with great columns down both sides, and the whole area was festooned with banners and garlands of flowers.
- The immediate area is festooned with posters calling for the clean-up.
Words that rhyme with festoonafternoon, attune, autoimmune, baboon, balloon, bassoon, bestrewn, boon, Boone, bridoon, buffoon, Cameroon, Cancún, cardoon, cartoon, Changchun, cocoon, commune, croon, doubloon, dragoon, dune, galloon, goon, harpoon, hoon, immune, importune, impugn, Irgun, jejune, June, Kowloon, lagoon, lampoon, loon, macaroon, maroon, monsoon, moon, Muldoon, noon, oppugn, picayune, platoon, poltroon, pontoon, poon, prune, puccoon, raccoon, Rangoon, ratoon, rigadoon, rune, saloon, Saskatoon, Sassoon, Scone, soon, spittoon, spoon, swoon, Troon, tune, tycoon, typhoon, Walloon
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan