1A formal authorization or proposition; a decree: the reforms left most prices fixed by government fiat
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As the Law Reform Commission report records, there was some research into the number of fiats granted and there are a regular number of fiats.
- There is omnipresent resentment at their presence in the classroom, mess halls, in the evaluation process, assignment of research topics, and not least, administrative fiats.
- Executive fiats and judicial indifference are the hallmarks of a decaying democracy.
1.1An arbitrary order.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In the United States, emergency room service works by queuing, the allocation of scarce vaccine is by bureaucratic fiat.
- It was created virtually by dictatorial fiat and remains in existence by virtual dictatorial fiat.
Late Middle English: from Latin, 'let it be done', from fieri 'be done or made'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: fiat
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda