Definición de fibrillate en inglés:
1(Of a muscle, especially in the heart) make a quivering movement due to uncoordinated contraction of the individual fibrils: the atria ceased to fibrillate when the temperature was reduced
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Ventricular fibrillation is a life-threatening disturbance in the heart rhythm, which causes the heart to fibrillate in a disordered way.
- If one were to look at the heart as it were fibrillating, it would look like a bowl of Jell-O quivering.
- When the heart fibrillates as a result of hypothermia, the surgeon crossclamps the ascending aorta using a medium Fogarty clamp.
2(Of a fibre) split up into fibrils.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Following installation of the fabric, when high pressure showers are in use, the yarns tend to fibrillate, small pieces of yarn peeling away and often ending up in the cross-over point of the weave.
- During tufting, however, the profiled weft yarn fibrillates in an uncontrolled manner which for deniers finer than about 500 dtex can result in such low strength that the resulting carpet tears during the finishing process.
2.1 [with object] Break (a fibre) into fibrils.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The thicker the ribbon yarn the more difficult the yarn is to fibrillate and the harder it is for tufting needles to penetrate the unfibrillated portions.
- Another goal of the treatment process is also to preferably fibrillate the yarn and/or filaments of the fabric.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- I've had heart fibrillation, but they gave me an electric shock, and it went back to its right place.
- The most common cause of sudden cardiac death is ventricular fibrillation.
- A second cardiac arrest that began with asystole was followed by ventricular fibrillation.
Definición de fibrillate en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán