Definición de fiddleback en inglés:
1 [usually as modifier] A thing shaped like the back of a violin, with the sides deeply curved inwards, especially the back of a chair or the front of a chasuble.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Vaguely Queen Anne in style, the oval dining table and the front of the fiddleback chairs had ‘turned’ legs built from stacks of variously sized plasterboard disks.
- The cherry chest-on-frame, 1740-1760, comes from Connecticut, while the flanking pair of maple fiddleback chairs was made in the Hudson River valley in the eighteenth century.
- The maple fiddleback chair, 1760-1800, is from Long Island.
2 [mass noun] A rippled effect in the grain of fine wood, often exploited when making the backs of violins: [as modifier]: fiddleback mahogany
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some trees produce spectacularly grained wood in curly, fiddleback, quilt, and bird's eye designs that are treasured by fine furniture makers.
- The group is now progressing well towards reaching its goal of having fine crafted furniture created from local species such as banksia, rock sheoak, fiddleback rivergum and common rivergum.
- In maple this is termed tiger maple, or fiddleback, because it is preferred for violin backs.
Definición de fiddleback en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda