Definición de fiddleback en inglés:
1 [usually as modifier] A thing shaped like the back of a violin, with the sides deeply curved inwards, especially the back of a chair or the front of a chasuble.
- Vaguely Queen Anne in style, the oval dining table and the front of the fiddleback chairs had ‘turned’ legs built from stacks of variously sized plasterboard disks.
- The cherry chest-on-frame, 1740-1760, comes from Connecticut, while the flanking pair of maple fiddleback chairs was made in the Hudson River valley in the eighteenth century.
- The maple fiddleback chair, 1760-1800, is from Long Island.
2 [mass noun] A rippled effect in the grain of fine wood, often exploited when making the backs of violins: [as modifier]: fiddleback mahogany
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some trees produce spectacularly grained wood in curly, fiddleback, quilt, and bird's eye designs that are treasured by fine furniture makers.
- The group is now progressing well towards reaching its goal of having fine crafted furniture created from local species such as banksia, rock sheoak, fiddleback rivergum and common rivergum.
- In maple this is termed tiger maple, or fiddleback, because it is preferred for violin backs.
Definición de fiddleback en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan