Definición de fifth position en inglés:
1 Ballet A posture in which the feet are placed turned outwards, one immediately in front of but touching the other so that the toe of the back foot just protrudes beyond the heel of the front foot.
- Starting in fifth position croisé right foot front, the dancer can do glissade forward and assemble front, then glissade back and assemble back.
- The working heel comes forward, aiming for the floor in front of the big toe of the supporting foot as the working foot slides into fifth position without passing through demi-pointe.
- The second time around, the girl closed her feet in a very tight fifth position.
1.1A position of the arms in which they are held curved in front of the body, at hip level, waist level, or above the head, with the palms facing the body.
- To dancers practicing turns he whips off four pirouettes landing in a perfect fifth position.
- When they aim for a perfect fifth position, they can rotate the femur partly out of the hip socket.
- It was thrilling to see her finish each turn in the air precisely in a perfect fifth position.
2 Music A position of the left hand on the fingerboard of a stringed instrument nearer to the bridge than the fourth position, enabling a higher set of notes to be played.
- Easy Songs for Shifting in the First Five Positions introduces students to the second, third, fourth and fifth positions through a series of short, easily learned melodies without the need for difficult étude studies.
Definición de fifth position en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan