- A bass line with the intended harmonies indicated by figures rather than written out as chords, typical of continuo parts in baroque music.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- So actually, beyond Bach, what was the ground bass, or the figured bass, actually evolves, and takes on new forms in later forms of composition.
- Dr Sawkins added a figured bass line. He made 1,139 corrections and additions to the notation necessary to make the music playable;
- Otherwise, composing instruction in the mid-19th century seems to have stuck stubbornly to a mixture of figured bass and so-called strict counterpoint.
Más definiciones de figured bassDefinición de figured bass en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.