Definición de filaria en inglés:
sustantivo (plural filariae fɪˈlɛːrɪiː)
A thread-like parasitic nematode worm which is transmitted by biting flies and mosquitoes, causing filariasis and related diseases.
- Superfamily Filarioidea, class Phasmida
Oraciones de ejemplo
- ARS researchers are using new biological controls to retaliate against the mosquito, an insect that can transmit viruses, protozoan parasites, and filariae (small worms).
- Manson commented, ‘It is marvelous how Nature has adapted the habits of the filariae to those of the mosquito.’
- It was the younger Thomas Bancroft who proved in 1899 that filariae that actively developed in the mosquito were transferred to humans by the act of feeding on blood.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Perhaps, at some stage long ago, the bacteria were transferred from insects to nematodes, since filarial nematodes reside in insects during some stages of their life cycles.
- Here, then, was a possible explanation for the effectiveness of antibiotics against filarial nematodes.
- Acute filarial fever, in fact, can often look like an attack of an other disease that is rampant in many of the same countries where filariasis is common: malaria.
Palabras que riman con filariaaquaria, area, armamentaria, Bavaria, Bulgaria, caldaria, cineraria, columbaria, frigidaria, Gran Canaria, herbaria, honoraria, malaria, pulmonaria, rosaria, sacraria, Samaria, solaria, tepidaria, terraria
Definición de filaria en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda