Definición de filial en inglés:
- At least some of them must have experienced a bit of filial affection that they had been longing to get when he said he was to be treated like their son.
- Besides, the rule prevents the sacrifice of life to which filial affection might expose a generous youth, who in his conscience may condemn his father's conduct.
- The emerging generation are more and more impervious to standard school indoctrination, less ready to give up their seats on buses, less respectful and filial.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In order to attain their salvation, they also had to be honest, gentle, obedient, merciful, filially pietistic, and patient - all attributes of the perfect wife and mother.
- Her last name, Price, links her filially to the rules of market exchange.
- She is filially loving but also rebellious and mischievous.
Late Middle English: from Old French, or from ecclesiastical Latin filialis, from filius 'son', filia 'daughter'.
affiliate from early 17th century:
We talk about parent companies, so why not child companies? This is literally what an affiliated company is. The first meaning of affiliate was ‘to adopt as a son’, and the word ultimately came from Latin filius ‘son’, from which we also get filial (Late Middle English). By the mid 18th century affiliate was being used to mean ‘to adopt as a subordinate member of a society or company’.
Palabras que riman con filialfamilial
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.