Definición de fin whale en inglés:
A large rorqual with a small dorsal fin, a dark grey back, and white underparts. Also called finback, common rorqual.
- Balaenoptera physalus, family Balaenopteridae
- And farther down the coast, just south of the Scottish capital of Edinburgh, whale-watchers spotted a fin whale - the first such sighting in over a hundred years.
- An adult fin whale may consume one to one and a half metric tons of food per day, feeding mainly on krill and occasionally herring.
- After the biggest whales were hunted to the point that they were too hard to find, the whalers went on to the next largest species, the fin whale.
Definición de fin whale en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan