- It was only when they saw the finished version in its final mix that they knew what they had got.
- What this enables me to do is to get words down in a way that's closer to the final version.
- Even funnier was a line which was cut from the final version.
- They were also given an explanation of the printing process from initial graphics through to the final design.
- The outcome in the final points, as well as in the two events, was new European records.
- At the time of writing, it is too early to know the final outcome of the process.
- But it must throw into doubt the ability of the tribunal to be a final arbitrator of disputes.
- The court, which sits in The Hague, is the final arena for settling disputes between nations.
- And this time supported by deeds that allow the neighbours to give Japan a final absolution.
- The winners of the semi-finals will take part in a county final to decide the winner.
- The Netherlands have now made the Olympic final for the third Games in a row.
- The three will include both finalists and the winner of the qualifying final.
- The result means Australia are still well in the hunt for next week's best-of-three finals of the series, which also features South Africa.
- Waugh angrily bustled out of the conference after his side failed to make the finals of the tri-nations series.
- Each team has to arrive by 15 January, then they face elimination rounds in each event, building up to a three-day series of finals.
- The atmosphere was more like that of an examination hall on finals day than a sporting arena before a big event.
- It's 20 years this month since I took my first degree finals and spent every hour that they were open in that particular library.
- Far from opting for a quiet life, Eddie is putting his radio career on hold in order to study for his Law degree finals - not to mention planning for his forthcoming wedding!
- He and nine other finalists had to prepare two main course dishes for the healthy catering class final.
- There were more chapters to read, more papers to write, and a final in every class.
- The duke spent time watching the games and when he moved inside for the primary school final spoke to a number of children about the day.
- Often, he seems to set up two possible finals, the ‘tonal’ issue being settled only at the last moment.
- The melody type is paramount; mode in the sense of scale and final is secondary.
- Just before coming abeam the runway threshold I began a continuous finals turn, Spitfire style.
the final straw
- see straw.
Middle English (in the adjectival sense 'conclusive'): from Old French, or from Latin finalis, from finis 'end'. Compare with finish.
Palabras que riman con finaldoctrinal, semi-final, spinal, urinal
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: final
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.