The doctrine that natural processes, for example evolution, are directed towards some goal.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- However, Bergson continues, the teleological approach of traditional finalism equally makes genuine creation of the new impossible, since it entails, just as mechanism, that the ‘whole is given.’
- The adoption of a similar epistemology would be disruptive for historiographies that are characterized by a strong sense of finalism.
- But radical finalism is quite as unacceptable, and for the same reason.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- A taxonomy of social cognitions is suggested comprising three classes: causal, evaluative and finalistic thinking.
- During this period of time no serious and efficacious attempt of finalistic therapy is put into practice.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: fi¦nal|ism
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda