- 1Play (a guitar or banjo) using the fingernails or small plectrums worn on the fingertips to pluck the strings: he was fingerpicking an acoustic guitar (as noun fingerpicking) fingerpicking accentuates the tone of guitarsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Building upon autoharp, organ, or distantly droning tape sounds which constantly shift and realign, Kawabata fingerpicks his way back to Youngs' home turf, often recalling such British folkies as Bert Jansch or John Martyn.
- First surprise - she curled her fingers around the strings and began to fingerpick, thumb bent backwards and fingers double-jointedly bent on the fret board in the style of the self-taught.
- His last record, 2003's The Transfiguration of Vincent, was a perfect meditation on death and love, delivered with an offhand grace that made fingerpicking and a little snare seem revelatory, even as it conjured the ghost of John Fahey.
- 1.1Play (a tune) on a guitar or banjo by using the fingernails or small plectrums on the fingertips to pluck the strings: he softly fingerpicked the opening notesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘But,’ Jason said more seriously, dropping his pick to fingerpick a slower tune,
- Ruth smiled and fingerpicked some more, a tune not going anywhere, just noodling.
- She did some fingerpicking, then strummed softly again.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A plectrum worn on a fingertip.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For thirty years, he dreamed of a finger pick that would feel like fingernails.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Red House Painter brainchild Mark Kozelek turns the dreamlike ‘Lazy’ into a bluegrassy fingerpicker but his sad voice and the bittersweet melody make it sound like a Duluth, Minnesota high lonesome.
- Thom's latest CD, ‘Guts & Steel ’, is a duet CD with the extraordinary fingerpicker, Buster B. Jones.
- Entertainment wasn't a section perused in a local paper - it was something provided by fingerpickers around a dying fire.
Más definiciones de fingerpickDefinición de fingerpick en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.