- 1The tip of a finger.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She suffered injuries to her shoulder and neck and lost the feeling of the fingertips in her right hand.
- Smear it over the entire eyelid with your fingertips, then add black mascara and eye pencil along the upper lash line.
- I hold my hands in front of my face, the fingertips blanching a little in the cold.
- 1.1 [as modifier] Using or operated by the fingers: police made a fingertip search of the areaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He appeared in court in a hooded white forensics suit - the type usually worn by police carrying out fingertip searches of crime scenes.
- Police immediately cordoned off the area as forensic experts carried out fingertip searches for evidence.
- Hydraulics on the wheel loaders comes equipped with a pilot valve system that permits fingertip control.
at one's fingertips
- (Especially of information) readily available; accessible: until we have more facts at our fingertips, there is no use in speculatingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The Internet can be a bit overwhelming with the amount of information readily available at your fingertips.
- What immediately strikes you about the game is the vast amount of information and control available at your fingertips.
- These days, with the amount of information available at our fingertips via the internet, it is easier than ever to create your own ‘DIY’ holiday.
by one's fingertips
- Only with difficulty: the prime minister clung on to power by his fingertipsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We hear constantly from our members about faithful Catholics who are embarrassed to call themselves Catholics, who are hanging onto their membership by their fingertips, or who have actually left the Church.
- The margin was about right in the end and the two late Welsh tries that came too late to affect the outcome were merited as Scotland spent long periods of the second half hanging on by their fingertips.
- Raith were clinging on by their fingertips at the end and home scorer Sheerin earned his pay packet with a series of superb close - calls.
to one's fingertips
- British Completely: he is a professional to his fingertipsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He was not a proconsul but a fine example of the kind of man who turns the dreams of proconsuls into reality, capable of dreams himself but a professional soldier to his fingertips.
- A technocrat to his fingertips, he is exactly the kind of individual who keeps modern civilization moving smoothly along.
- He was political to his fingertips, but immensely wary of political jargon.
Más definiciones de fingertipDefinición de fingertip en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.