Definición de finish en inglés:
- Co-ordination work has started and a task force will finish a feasibility study for the whole project by the end of this year.
- After she had finished the required tasks she got right down to work on getting to know the dogs.
- He added: ‘I definitely want to be a professional musician once I finish my studies.’
- After the meat was finished off, both Silhi and I laid on our backs and looked up at the sky.
- He was sad to read in the newspapers about a retired high school teacher having to hop from table to table in a food outlet to finish the leftovers on the plates.
- We discovered that we all had a horror of wasting food, and would finish a dish rather than throw it in the bin.
- Not only was his season finished, but the future of his playing days was in serious jeopardy.
- One of them had spent hours working with Sherry in Australia each day after training had finished.
- Did I mention that I have jury duty coming up straight after the summer semester finishes?
- They talked about the glacial movement of the peace process and the interviewer finished up by asking what he was cooking for dinner.
- It was fun racing, it was really nice finishing up with this competition but I wanted to win the Tour.
- Four weeks later he made his competitive debut, finishing 32nd in a race in Austria.
- Isaac McCann consolidated his overall third place in the under-13 race finishing in third place in 10.25 sec.
- Emmett ran a good race to finish in fifth place with a ‘Personal Best’ of 4 minutes 2 seconds.
- Australia could have had two goals since Brazil scored if they could finish!
- He is excellent on drives and can finish at the goal or score on runners and pull-up jumpers.
- We played the sort of rugby we have been aiming for, and I think with a bit of improved finishing we could have scored a few more tries.
- I will finish Naylor if it kills me, or a few innocent bystanders.
- He has just about finished things off by destroying trust and honour.
- She didn't resist when Xienna grabbed her by the scruff of the neck and propelled her out of the dormitory at high speed, but part of her screamed at her for not finishing the boy.
- The fuselage appears to be painted in olive green while the flying surface appears to be finished in silver.
- Drywall can be difficult for a novice to finish to a smooth surface.
- Take the same care in cleaning and preparing a surface to be stained as you would in finishing it.
- After each grazing phase was completed, cattle were finished in a western Oklahoma feedlot.
- He finishes the cattle at the feedlot that he manages.
- Thus, smaller-scaled feedlots are a more suitable option for finishing Kentucky cattle.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- As the game moved on to day three the stage was set for a close finish on the final day.
- The whole thing was misconceived from start to finish - if it has a finish.
- That is what they will be doing now, and they will be doing so from start to finish - with the finish being the most critical and difficult element in the media mix.
- Late Monday evening news travelled through that the race finish had been moved, as most ships had not passed the second waypoint!
- In 2003 he approached the finish of the race with it all sewn up at odds of 4/11 but came down.
- The rest of us observe the endurance of the human spirit from the sidelines as they race towards the finish.
- It exhibits the same meticulous detail and refined finish, only varying in the addition of a lapis lazuli stand and in some minor heraldic details.
- Clearly a labour of love with its attention to detail and cosy finish, it is a perfect lovers' retreat.
- This stand was second only to that of Ibrox in terms of its architectural finish and detail.
- In a traditional barn, you won't find finishes like drywall or gypsum board.
- The kitchen is a light, airy space that achieves a sophisticated country look through its combination of materials and finishes.
- Gloss finishes are shiny and scrubbable, so they are perfect for doors, trim and specialty uses.
- The mouth-watering finish is more Sauvignon blanc than Chardonnay in style.
- The palate is an opulent offering of warm and delectable flavors that last long into the impressive finish.
- This smashing red will not hang around for long either, so if you fancy a gamey, rustic, plummy wine with a seductive, spicy, perfumed finish, move fast.
finance from (Late Middle English):
The word finance is from Old French, from finer ‘make an end; settle a debt’, from fin ‘end’. The original sense was ‘payment of a debt, compensation, or ransom’, which later developed into ‘taxation, revenue’. Current senses date from the 18th century. Fine (Middle English) in the sense money you pay, comes from the same source and was originally a sum paid to settle a lawsuit, while the other sense of fine, ‘high quality’ leading to ‘thin’, also Middle English, goes back to the earlier sense ‘thoroughly finished’, and lies behind refine (late 16th century), define (Late Middle English), finery (late 17th century), and finesse (Late Middle English). Finish (Middle English) itself goes back to the same root.
to the finish
- Until the complete defeat of one of the parties involved: Linfield clinched their first championship in a thrilling fight to the finishMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I think he'll fight to the finish and will do everything possible to ensure he doesn't get captured.
- Here again, another little, mini thriller was played out as both teams fought it out to the finish.
- However, I am proud of the way our whole side performed and stuck in right to the finish.
Verbos con partícula
- British Have no more need for or nothing more to do with: they give me the newspaper when they’ve finished with itMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Swallow your pride, and ask the people getting off a bus at your stop if they are finished with their day ticket.
- Conner had to quit his job, finish with Jim, pack up his life, and say goodbye to his friends and family.
- A return to the workplace can wait; that should still be there when he finishes with athletics, and he is contemplating a degree in design engineering in future.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.