sustantivo[mass noun] Philosophy & Mathematics
Rejection of the belief that anything can actually be infinite.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- According to meaning finitism, the move to the next instance is not intuitive or interpretive but ‘blind’.
- Dummett concludes that one route to such a local revisionism is a hard-headed finitism in which one denies that there is a determinate fact concerning the outcome of a procedure that has not been carried out.
- The make believe world of predicate logic was a mere conservative extension of finitism.
finitist sustantivo& adjetivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- This axiom is problematic in some systems, and some people, finitists such as Hilbert, wanted a consistent way to talk about infinity that stemmed from proofs using finitary means.
- The most unassailable way of reasoning is finitist.
- The hard-headed finitist has to restrict logic even further than the intuitionist does.
Definición de finitism en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda