Definición de finitism en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Philosophy & Mathematics
Rejection of the belief that anything can actually be infinite.
- According to meaning finitism, the move to the next instance is not intuitive or interpretive but ‘blind’.
- Dummett concludes that one route to such a local revisionism is a hard-headed finitism in which one denies that there is a determinate fact concerning the outcome of a procedure that has not been carried out.
- The make believe world of predicate logic was a mere conservative extension of finitism.
finitist sustantivo& adjetivo
- Example sentences
- This axiom is problematic in some systems, and some people, finitists such as Hilbert, wanted a consistent way to talk about infinity that stemmed from proofs using finitary means.
- The most unassailable way of reasoning is finitist.
- The hard-headed finitist has to restrict logic even further than the intuitionist does.
Definición de finitism en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan