- The mouthpiece of a recorder or similar wind instrument which is blown endwise, in which a thin channel cut through a block directs a stream of air against a sharp edge. The term has been applied to various parts of this, including the block and the channel.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The fipple block is formed from a solid mass of material having a substantially cylindrical exterior surface and configuration.
- A flute employing a fipple type mouthpiece assembly permits the flute to be more easily mastered.
- The fipple is made from a piece of 5/16th hardwood dowel about one and a half inches long.
early 17th century: perhaps related to Icelandic flipi 'horse's lip'.
Más definiciones de fippleDefinición de fipple en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.