Definición de firebrand en inglés:
1A piece of burning wood.
- In any case, it took a long time and a large number of men equipped with axes, swords, and firebrands to do such extensive damage that a whole community suffered economically.
- Shadows flicked and he could hear the soft crackle of firebrands set into the walls around him, their soft light illuminating the brickwork and tapestries of the room.
- He tied firebrands to the tails of 300 foxes to scare away his enemies.
2A person who is very passionate about a particular cause: a political firebrand
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Amongst our current crop of careerist politicians, we simply don't have enough firebrands with a passionate commitment to pursuing genuine social change.
- There were activist firebrands getting into loud political conversations with people who just wanted to belt back drinks with parasols in them.
- His late grandfather, George, and his late father, Andreas, were both populist Socialist firebrands who became prime ministers.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan