Definición de firebrand en inglés:
1A piece of burning wood.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In any case, it took a long time and a large number of men equipped with axes, swords, and firebrands to do such extensive damage that a whole community suffered economically.
- Shadows flicked and he could hear the soft crackle of firebrands set into the walls around him, their soft light illuminating the brickwork and tapestries of the room.
- He tied firebrands to the tails of 300 foxes to scare away his enemies.
2A person who is very passionate about a particular cause: a political firebrand
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Amongst our current crop of careerist politicians, we simply don't have enough firebrands with a passionate commitment to pursuing genuine social change.
- There were activist firebrands getting into loud political conversations with people who just wanted to belt back drinks with parasols in them.
- His late grandfather, George, and his late father, Andreas, were both populist Socialist firebrands who became prime ministers.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán