- 1The action or process of extinguishing fires, as a person’s job.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Rooms on the second floor of the museum show different aspects of firefighting or fire prevention.
- A session in firefighting was also held with many of the seminar attendees performing well.
- Firefighting was therefore at the top of the pecking order of Forest Service job prestige.
- 2(In business) the practice of dealing with problems as they arise rather than planning strategically to avoid them.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Mr Catterall said the staff were firefighting the whole time; unsurprisingly the Ward was not a popular one.
- But business owners who use agencies on an ongoing basis are often left constantly firefighting.
- At the moment we are just constantly firefighting.
Más definiciones de firefightingDefinición de firefighting en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.