Be the first person to cross the threshold of the house of (someone) in the New Year, in accordance with a Scottish custom: they set out to first-foot their neighbours
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It's February, and I've still not been first-footed from New Year yet.
- But while these special editions are enjoyable in their own right, if you're expecting to be first-footed by a whisky connoisseur, it might be good idea to have a decent bottle of the straightforward stuff to hand.
- Because the parents are involved, you feel you should offer out nips along with the sweeties… it's like being first-footed by the Addams Family.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- You sit in the dark hoping to avoid carol singers and first-footers.
- It's a little way into this year of 2001 but I thought we'd best play safe and have a first-footer, or first guest of the year, from Scotland.
Definición de first-foot en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.