- 1Relating to government revenue, especially taxes: monetary and fiscal policyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This year, thanks to rising revenues and wise fiscal policy, the deficit was $108 billion less than expected.
- The problem is that there are two major levers on the economy: monetary policy, to do with the money supply, and fiscal policy, to do with how much the government spends.
- With weak economic growth squeezing fiscal revenues, he was forced to announce a sharp increase in public borrowing in November.
- 1.1chiefly North American Relating to financial matters: the domestic fiscal crisisMás ejemplos en oraciones
- There is so much emphasis today on budgeting, investments, fiscal and financial matters, both public and private.
- Our finance people, for example, are expert in fiscal matters, but we tend to forget that it takes more than a bottom line to make the bottom line.
- It also recognizes ‘the rights of the Catholic Church in economic, legal and fiscal matters.’
- 1.2North American Denoting a financial year: the budget deficit for fiscal 1996Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The cuts will come on top of a tough fiscal 2005 budget that held government programs outside of homeland security and defense to an average 1 percent increase.
- It closed fiscal 2002 with enough cash per share to cover 82% of its stock price.
- India crossed the 100-million telephone subscribers-mark in the current fiscal 2005-06 in May.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- 1 • archaic A legal or treasury official in some countries.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As early as 1711, an Oberfiscal was appointed aided by a staff of fiscals who had to be secret appointments as they had the task of checking the honesty and integrity of government officials.
- 1.1Scottish • archaic short for procurator fiscal.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Police, fiscals and judges can all exercise discretion over who to prosecute.
- A Scottish fiscal is teaching trial techniques to Moldovan lawyers.
- And the police will sometimes tell you they are asked by fiscals for information which isn't necessary.
- it was fiscally essential to recover the deficit wrought by the recession these fiscally conservative timesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He was easily the more fiscally conservative candidate.
- Its per-capita government savings rate is one of the world's highest, topped only by Singapore and a handful of other fiscally prudent nations.
- At the top of the list: Be fiscally responsible and balance the budget.
mid 16th century: from French, or from Latin fiscalis, from fiscus 'purse, treasury' (see fisc).