- 1A flat piece of metal used to connect adjacent rails in a railway track.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The junior railway minister embellished the story, saying that the fishplates holding the track together had been removed.
- The derailment had happened when the flange of a wheel struck one half of a broken fishplate - a metal plate which holds sections of track together.
- 1.1A flat piece of metal with ends like a fish’s tail, used to position masonry.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Their two-page report pointed out that, even though a number of nuts and bolts were missing, the fishplates were intact.
Más definiciones de fishplateDefinición de fishplate en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.