- 1Inclined to cause or undergo division into separate parts or groups: the fissiparous tendencies innate in tribalism she was unsuccessful in holding a fissiparous membership togetherMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We have too many fissiparous tendencies in the two countries to take risks.
- There are clear limits to what voluntary organizations can do to remedy the fissiparous tendencies of an inherently selfish capitalism.
- Despite their fissiparous tendencies, they spread steadily.
- 1.1 Biology (Of an organism) reproducing by fission: small fissiparous wormsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Regeneration has been entrained to complete an asexual life cycle in fissiparous and comet-forming starfish.
- It is noted that fissiparous and cometforming starfish have entrained the regeneration pathway into their life cycle.
mid 19th century: from Latin fissus, past participle of findere 'split', on the pattern of viviparous.
Más definiciones de fissiparousDefinición de fissiparous en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.