sustantivo (plural fistulas or fistulae /-liː/)Medicine
- An abnormal or surgically made passage between a hollow or tubular organ and the body surface, or between two hollow or tubular organs.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- However, if a serious duct injury is present, a chronic fistula may develop and require surgical intervention.
- The patient in this case study has a fistula in a concave area near his gastrostomy tube.
- Disease may also include chest wall invasion, with bony erosion, and draining cutaneous fistulas.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A small recent fistula may heal spontaneously if urine is diverted from the fistulous tract.
- Histologic examination of the biopsy tissue revealed skin overlying a fistulous space with a papillary surface.
- The effusion is often large and recurrent, arising from a fistulous tract between the pancreas and the pleural cavity, with or without pseudocyst formation.
late Middle English: from Latin, 'pipe, flute, fistula'. Compare with fester.
Más definiciones de fistulaDefinición de fistula en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.