- Cathedral ceilings, antique light fixtures and furniture that looked as though it had come straight from the twenties.
- Kitchen cabinets, light fixtures and switches had been removed and thrown on the floor, and a window had been knocked out.
- Other products include lighting fixtures and wall panels.
- Until today it was possible to reduce stamp duty costs on house purchases by paying more for fixtures and fittings and a little less for the property.
- The property is being sold inclusive of fixtures and fittings by the current owners.
- Workmen are removing the remaining fixtures and fittings before bulldozers move in for the 30-week demolition job.
- He didn't foresee, though, that the farce would become a permanent fixture in our cultural life.
- A permanent fixture in the right back role, Fleming had a deserved testimonial awarded by his club at the start of this season.
- A permanent fixture in his life for decades, Gerald, now 74, has been building sheds since he was a child.
- The midweek snow had a devastating effect on the fixture list.
- Why not arrange the fixture for a Wednesday at 7.30 pm and give everyone decent notice.
- He wrote to the leading clubs of the time putting forward a proposal that they should combine to arrange home and away fixtures each season - and thus the seeds of The Football League were sown.
Late 16th century (in the sense 'fixing, becoming fixed'): alteration (first found in Shakespeare) of obsolete fixure (from late Latin fixura, from Latin figere 'to fix'), with t inserted on the pattern of mixture.
Palabras que riman con fixtureadmixture, commixture, intermixture, mixture
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.