Definición de flag day en inglés:
1British A day on which money is collected for a charity in the street and donors are given small paper badges to show they have contributed.
- Castlecomer Basketball Club would like to thank all those who contributed to our flag day, both on the street and at the Church gates at the weekend.
- Well, two ex-service charities that do help war veterans have been brought to the council's notice; and the parish council is well placed to organise a flag day for those two charities.
- A flag day in Swanley organised by the North West Kent branch of the British Polio Fellowship raised £394.37.
2 (Flag Day) (In the US) 14 June, the anniversary of the adoption of the Stars and Stripes in 1777.
- The Flag Day ceremony was staged by the Blue Star / Gold Star Mothers of America, an organization started in 1942.
- June 14 is also Flag Day in the United States, so the public is invited to a ‘Grand Prix-View’ as Indianapolis gives a patriotic welcome to the world at 11: 30 a.m.
- In this story, Flag Day marks the anniversary of the banner's ‘birth,’ with Betsy Ross its mother.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan