Definición de flagpole en inglés:
A pole used for flying a flag.
- No one partied harder than the people of Bolton, with flags flying patriotically from flagpoles and bunting between the houses.
- To hang a Union Flag up correctly the thick white stripe should be at the top of the flag nearest the flagpole and otherwise at the top on the left.
- Visitors to Scarborough Cricket Club this week will have noticed three flags on the club flagpole.
run something up the flagpole (to see who salutes)
- Test the popularity of a new idea or proposal: the idea was first run up the flagpole in 1997Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Of course, there are many more highly-irritating words and phrases that are often used in corporate circles, such as ‘moving the goalposts’, and ‘running an idea up the flagpole’.
- Then they'd all go back to their offices and run something up the flagpole, just to see who might salute.
- It's no good your just running it up the flagpole to see if you salute.
Definición de flagpole en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan