Definición de flagpole en inglés:
A pole used for flying a flag.
- No one partied harder than the people of Bolton, with flags flying patriotically from flagpoles and bunting between the houses.
- To hang a Union Flag up correctly the thick white stripe should be at the top of the flag nearest the flagpole and otherwise at the top on the left.
- Visitors to Scarborough Cricket Club this week will have noticed three flags on the club flagpole.
run something up the flagpole (to see who salutes)
- Test the popularity of a new idea or proposal: the idea was first run up the flagpole in 1997Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Of course, there are many more highly-irritating words and phrases that are often used in corporate circles, such as ‘moving the goalposts’, and ‘running an idea up the flagpole’.
- Then they'd all go back to their offices and run something up the flagpole, just to see who might salute.
- It's no good your just running it up the flagpole to see if you salute.
Definición de flagpole en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan