Oraciones de ejemplo
- Approximately 50 enemy aircraft were in the vicinity and the entire area was full of friendly flak.
- We went down to St. Vith and when I looked down all I saw was fire, smoke, and flak going in all directions.
- For the moment my main concern was not Luftwaffe fighters, lights or flak.
1.1Strong criticism: you must be strong enough to take the flak if things go wrong
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We conservatives often take a lot of flak for being overly critical of the liberal viewpoint.
- And I just wanted to compliment Bill on speaking his mind, because I'm sure he gets a lot of flack and criticism for doing this.
- One consequence is that ministers will have to take the flak, to accept that they will be blamed for faults, even when those are none of their making.
opprobrium, obloquy, calumny, calumniation, execration, excoriation, vilification, abuse, revilement, lambasting
1930s: from German, abbreviation of Fliegerabwehrkanone, literally 'aviator-defence gun'.
Palabras que riman con flakaback, alack, attack, back, black, brack, clack, claque, crack, Dirac, drack, flack, hack, jack, Kazakh, knack, lack, lakh, mac, mach, Nagorno-Karabakh, pack, pitchblack, plaque, quack, rack, sac, sack, shack, shellac, slack, smack, snack, stack, tach, tack, thwack, track, vac, wack, whack, wrack, yak, Zack
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: flak
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda