- 1An instance of the flame in the combustion chamber of a jet engine being extinguished, with a resultant loss of power.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Any sudden throttle movements could cause an engine flameout, resulting in deceleration and a lengthy engine restart - not ideal when a pilot was in combat.
- When the engine experienced the flameout, the airplane was 700 ft above ground level and 0.5 miles from the end of the runway.
- At 6,000 feet, the pilot tried to execute a second set of boldface procedures, loss of thrust / flameout, but had difficulty remembering the procedures verbatim.
- 1.1 • informal , chiefly North American A complete or conspicuous failure: his first-round flameout at the US OpenMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A first-round playoff flameout ended the season on a sour note.
- Other legendary trainers suffered flameouts just as dramatic.
- The Gregg family is becoming increasingly familiar with flameouts.
Más definiciones de flameoutDefinición de flameout en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.