- A projecting flat rim, collar, or rib on an object, serving for strengthening or attachment or (on a wheel) for maintaining position on a rail: the flanges that held the tailpipe to the aircraftMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Beam flanges became the rail for the trolley rigs but the beams also supported damaged roof arches during their restoration.
- Finally, they lay mesh over the flanges, position it above the plywood forms, and cast concrete on top.
- To ease rolling it around, the wheels have no flanges.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- By having flanged ends, the panels last longer and are easier to handle.
- The pop rivet itself looks something like a nail with a flanged metal sleeve over one end.
- The major advantage of flanged windows is that they are one integral unit that is easy for the contractor or homeowner to install plumb and square within a framed opening.
late 17th century: perhaps based on Old French flanchir 'to bend'.
Más definiciones de flangeDefinición de flange en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.