Definición de flannel en inglés:
- ‘You're probably not going to sell much heavy wool or heavy flannel fabric in south Texas,’ he said.
- Many parents prefer the cotton or flannel fabric because they are less expensive than silk sheets and are easier to clean.
- Consider earth tones of all kinds, and different kinds of fabrics like cotton flannel, faux leather, warm chenille, and luxurious velvet.
- So go crazy this fall because flannels, corduroys and tweeds are making a huge comeback.
- It's tonnes of fun, dancing and drinking cheap beer to frenzied mandolin picking while one of the vets oversees, clad in grey flannels, blazer, beret, and a strip of medals.
- Worn with a shirt in solid or pastel, or light stripes or checks and a subdued tie, this can go with flat front trousers or flannels.
- As members arrived at our March meeting a generous collection of soap, toothbrushes, flannels, sponges, washing powder etc., gradually piled up.
- You automatically look for the cheapest items - but then feel a tinge of embarrassment because you don't want to be seen as ‘the ones who bought the tea towels’, the flannels, or a single pillow case.
- Do not share towels or flannels until the infection has cleared.
verbo (flannels, flannelling, flannelled)[no object] (often as noun flannelling) British informal Volver al principio
- Susan Kramer, Lib Dem prospective parliamentary candidate for Richmond Park, said: ‘Residents are fed up with flannelling.’
- He apologised for the situation and then flannelled on about ramping up production, being victims of their own success, and how they could manage the problem.
- Really I'm not saying this to flatter or flannel - this is absolutely unique.
Middle English: probably from Welsh gwlanen 'woollen article', from gwlân 'wool'.
Ever since the Middle Ages we have worn flannel, which probably comes from Welsh, from the word gwlân ‘wool’. In 1920s the sense of ‘bland, vague talk used to avoid a difficult subject’ developed from the central idea of a soft, warm fabric—it seems to have started as military slang. See also corgi, oaf
Palabras que riman con flannelannal, channel, impanel, multichannel, panel
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.