- A thing or person whose sudden but brief success is not repeated or repeatable: our start to the season was just a flash in the pan[with allusion to priming of a firearm, the flash arising from an explosion of gunpowder within the lock]Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And his form so far this season has proved that his success last year was no flash in the pan.
- It is not a flash in the pan but something that's been maintained over a long period.
- Organising a music festival in India and battling the Indian bureaucracy was not exactly an easy affair for this group, but they seem confident about making this more than just a flash in the pan.
Más definiciones de flash in the panDefinición de flash in the pan en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.