- 1A place, event, or time at which violence or hostility flares up: the conflict reached a flashpoint last yearMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The season's main violence flashpoints were before, during and after games against Hartlepool, Bury, and Carlisle.
- Politics here have long been a flashpoint for violence.
- Christmas is often a flashpoint for domestic violence due to increased drinking, tension over money and contact with family members.
- 2 Chemistry The temperature at which a particular organic compound gives off sufficient vapour to ignite in air: this particular resin is very volatile and has a fairly low flashpointMás ejemplos en oraciones
- They had routinely heated paraffin oil with a flashpoint of 175 degrees centigrade in its baking tins to stop pies sticking.
Más definiciones de flashpointDefinición de flashpoint en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.